Welcome to our second season of Sip Tea and EPP Party! Lauren from Molly and Mama and I are very excited to finally start this season of slow stitching to warm your heart. This year we are a bit more organised and prepared as you can see. We have a list of themes ready for the next twelve months so you can get ready too and prepare all your supplies, projects and questions you might have.
If you are new here, you might be wondering what is Sip Tea and EPP Party. Let me explain. It is a very relaxed and friendly group of wonderful crafters from around the world who get together along with Lauren and I on Instagram each week over a cup of tea to slowly work on our long forgotten EPP projects or to start new ones. Every month we explore a new theme discussing it with you as we go along. We might share some photos with you, videos with tips and tricks to help you learn more about English Paper Piecing. We invite everyone to join us and share their work, thoughts, ideas and tips and maybe ask questions. It is a wonderful community of kind and generous people who are keen to share their knowledge and their love for English Paper Piecing.
We have some surprises for you this year! With the help of out wonderful sponsors, we will have giveaways for two lucky people at the end of each month. We will tell you more about this in our future posts.
This party has been wonderful so far with many people joining us every week for some slow stitching that brings calm, joy and warms your heart. You can join us any time throughout the week when you get inspired or you find a few minutes to yourself. Simply make yourself a cuppa, get comfy and start stitching away. Make sure to take a photo of your work, post it on your public Instagram account, tag me @stitchingnotes and Lauren @mollyandmama and use the #sipteaandepp hashtag so we can easily find you and leave a comment on your post. It's that simple.
Here is the list of the themes we chose for this year. We have new people joining us all the time and some of them would love to learn how to do EPP, but don't really know where to start. That's why we decided to start from the very beginning again. There is always something new to learn even if you feel like you know a lot already and it's nice to help others along the way.
1. English Paper Piecing Basics - what it is, basic shapes, papers, fabrics
2. Best Projects for Beginners - something easy to sew while you are still learning
3. Needles and Threads
4. Basting - glue and thread basting, which one to choose
5. Tools - thimbles, scissors, thread conditioners
6. EPP Shapes - ideas to use, tips for curves and sewing shapes together
7. Embellishments - adding embroidery, foundation paper piecing to your EPP projects
8. Storage - organising EPP for sewing on the go, storing it at home to increase productivity
9. Favourite Inspirations - books, Instagram accounts, patterns
10. Favourite Finish - “show and tell” what you have finished so far
11. Seasonal Sewing - projects for Christmas, sew along
12. Festive Season - slow stitching, tips how to include sewing in daily life during this busy time
How to join:
1. Have a public Instagram account
2. Have an English Paper Piecing supplies ready or a project to work on or the desire to learn how to do EPP
3. Take a photo of your EPP supplies, your comfy sewing corner or your drink while working and post it on your Instagram account tagging Lauren @mollyandmama and me @stitchingnotes and using the hashtag #sipteaandepp
4. Visit other posts under the hashtag, like it and leave comments
What if you your account is not public? It's not a problem. You still can join us, like posts, leave comments, ask questions, but unfortunately, you won't be able to participate in our giveaways.
If you have any questions or need some help with starting your first ever EPP project, this place would be your starting point. Please come and join us! Looking forward to seeing you all! Happy slow stitching! Larisa xox