Saturday 8 June 2013

Work in Progress: Rainbow or Maybe Not

Red and yellow and pink and green, purple and orange and blue. I can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow too. Do you know this song? It inspired my current project. 


It all began with an idea of a rainbow applique. Then a few more ideas came to my mind (a little girl, a patch of grass, some clouds...), but after playing around with scraps of fabric on the floor, I ended up with something absolutely different and unexpected, as it happens quite often with me.


The only thing I know at the moment that it's going to be a mini quilt/wall hanging or a framed appliqué picture, have not decided yet which one. Have to see what the end result looks like to help me make up my mind. I love the process of creating, changing things as I go. It gives me more freedom and keeps my imagination going.

No comments:

Post a Comment