Sunday 12 January 2014

Fabric Stash. No More Additions. For Now

It's been a while since I shared with you new additions to my fabric stash. I have to admit, I went on a fabric shopping spree late last year and ended up buying a lot of fat quarters, much more than I need for things I make. After paying for the last bit of fabric, I found myself feeling quite guilty. It was an impulse purchase, something I don't usually do. So at that moment I decided to stay away from fabric shops for a while and try using only what I have in my stash for at least next month or two and buy fabric only if I really, really need it.


It's been about a month since my last buy and I am still feeling pretty good. Let's see what happens in a week or two or three. Here are just a few bits of fabric I bought but did not show you. Usually I know pretty much right away what I would like to make using this or that fabric. With this lot I really don't know yet. I bought them because of the pretty patterns, lovely colours and simply because of the way they made me feel. It was love from the first sight.


I am curious to see where these bits and pieces would end up. Would I use them this year? Would they inspire me to make something new or would I use them for something I already made? I just know one thing for now - no more additions to my fabric stash for some time. I have enough to keep me busy and amused. What are your plans for this year? To keep buying more fabric or try and use anything you got in your stash?

4 comments:

  1. i am with you and am wanting to use stash for everything i need and buying only fabric i need like quilt backs, etc. i have more fabric than time!! i am looking forward to seeing what you make; you always come up with fun projects :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish there was a shop that would sell time. No matter how much time you have, it seems never enough. :-)

      Delete
  2. Like you, I am trying not to buy any fabric at the moment. I am desperately trying to use what I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it very difficult, feel like I am becoming a fabric addict. :-)

      Delete