Sunday 28 June 2015

Three in One

A very quick and easy make. A toy, a learning device and a comforter - all three in one small piece of cloth called taggie or "Loops-a-Playsies" how Dina of BossyMamma calls them. I would have never thought of making taggies if it was not for Dina's makes. And that's what I love about the network of blogs - sharing and inspiring.


One simple taggie can keep our baby occupied and entertained for quite some time. They are great for developing fine motor skills and for tactile stimulation, and they also are lovely comforters.


I really like the combination of Belle & Boo muslin and Posy fabric by Aneela Hoey, so as the green polka dot muslin and Ladybugs by Henry Glass & Co. I added an extra layer of white muslin between the front and back for extra softness, and used short snippets of ribbons around. A couple of cords with tabs that I made while writing this tutorial came in handy for this project. Thank you, Dina, for sharing your work! Happy inspirations everybody! Larisa xox

8 comments:

  1. Your Loops-a-Playsies look lovely, Larisa! I used the crinkly plastic from packts of breakfast cereals in mine, to add some interesting noise to the toy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dina! What a brilliant idea!! I have to make a few more with the plastic now. :-)

      Delete
  2. Cute taggies Larisa!! I love the combination of Belle and Boo with the Posy too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gina! Belle & Boo muslin is so light and pretty and easy to work with. I wonder what else can be made with muslin?

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous and such lovely fabrics too. I had never heard of a taggie until I read Dina's blog either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carole! I love reading blogs, there is so much to learn and be inspired by, there is always something new to make.

      Delete
  4. Both versions are darling. Super project to sew for my niece. Thanks gals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really is a fun project and you can easily use any bits and pieces that are too small for anything else. I am really glad that our work inspired you to sew too. :-)

      Delete