Sunday 27 April 2014

Log Cabin Pouch

You probably realised that I have been in a "pouchy" mood lately. This is my third pouch in a very short time and I am sorry if I have made you feel bored. I do get stuck sometimes and I do like challenging myself and trying new things, but most of all, I get easily distracted with new or not so new ideas. I got so excited after making the first zip pouch, that I simply had to make another one. Just to hone my newly acquired skills of zip attachment. I like all the fabrics mixed together in this little zippy.


Remember the log cabin block I had made some time ago? Well, it was pinned to my inspiration board for a while.


And I kept looking at it (as I often do with my creations) thinking - what can I make with only one block? The more I looked at it, the more I saw a small zip pouch. It really is small.


It's perfect for pocket change or tiny toys. My Not So Little Boy used to love playing with Kinder Surprise toys, they used to come with us everywhere, he liked holding them in his tiny fists and in his pockets. So cute!


The back side of the pouch is made of linen and cotton blend and the inside is bright green cotton with orange and yellow flowers.


I am afraid I got a "pouchy bug", I am already thinking of at least one more design I would love to try out. I will take a short break though and show you something else soon. Something for organising my sewing accessories.

Have a lovely sunny day, not as grey and gloomy as here outside today! Larisa xo

5 comments:

  1. one can never have too many zippy's!! i think this one is perfect and your son's childhood toys are adorable!! i also love the twill ribbon on your design wall :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I think so too, I always find ways to use pouches or give them to someone else as a small gift. It's a lovely Korean ribbon with lines from a poem called "I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud" by William Wordsworth.

      Delete
  2. What a cute pouch, Larisa. It's just a shame it's so green! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dina! It's funny, when I typed "bright green cotton" I thought of you. :-) I like the log cabin block and how it turned out in the pouch, so I might experiment with some other colours one day.

      Delete