Saturday 10 December 2016

Our New Friend and Some More Felty Goodness

Please meet our new friend Mr. Cat! Well, he has been with us for a while now, for about four weeks. I am trying to write blog posts at the same time as I finish sewing projects, but it's not happening just yet. I have quite a few makes and works in progress that I have not shared with you yet, but I am going to show you them soon. So...please meet Mr. Cat! How cool is he in his liberty outfit! It was such a wonderful, sweet and lovely project.



The pattern came from a very talented Katia of Plushka Design Studio. Katia has a fantastic collection of patterns and hand made items in her store. She has been making soft toys for a while now and they are all so cute. But my favourites always were the Owl, the Elephant and the Cat. I used 100% Merino felt for all the parts of this toy. It's very easy to sew with and feels lovely to cuddle. I used Liberty for the tummy and absolutely love this combination of grey felt and Liberty. If you ever want to make a felt toy, I would highly recommend checking out Katia's pattern collection.

How about some tea now? I went to find a doughnut pan, but somehow ended with this pretty tea set. I just could not say no to all these pretty pastels and polka dots. The set came in a pink suitcase and I have to honest with you, I took it away from my Little One for my own use, but he does not mind really. Well, that afternoon, we had one cup of tea after another. I felt so full by the end of the day. While having tea that my Little One kept pouring and pouring, I was thinking that a cookie or a doughnut would be nice to go with my cuppa.


So I did some "baking" while my baby slept. A chocolate cookie and a doughnut with pink glaze! So delicious! They are tiny, the doughnut is only 2" in diameter, the cookie is even smaller. When my boy woke up, we had more tea, but with "freshly baked" sweets this time around.


Have a super sweet day! Larisa xox

4 comments:

  1. Mr. Cat is so cute and so are the goodies! And that tea set - I want one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy! I think I bought the tea set mostly for myself. :-) But luckily my Little One enjoys playing with it a lot.

      Delete
  2. Oh, your doughnut and cookie are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They turned out better than I expected. Just like with real baking - you never know how it might end up. :-) Thank you, Dina!

      Delete