Monday 4 May 2015

Tiny Needle Books

While working on this place mat, I had some scraps of fabric left. Tiny ones really, not suitable for anything. Well, that's what I thought at first.


You probably know how much I like using up any scraps of fabric, I hardly throw any pieces away. I keep them all sorted out by colours and sizes in a large box. When I have a "light-bulb" moment, I turn them into something useful. Same happened with the scraps from the place mat. I kept them on the work table and then... "light-bulb"! Why not sew tiny needle books?! Again? Yes. One can never have too many needle books and plus you can always share them with someone crafty.


The idea of these needle books belongs to Amy at NanaCompany. But this time around, instead of using felt for the pages, I made them out of matching fabric. I find that fabric pages hold the thinnest needles more securely in place.


Some decorations inside, just for fun really. Once again, for something like that the scraps are the best material. I like the "custom fit" ribbon, it came from a new shirt. You see, everything gets used up here.


I really enjoy making the needle books, you can always add some new details or make a whole matching sewing set. Wishing you a wonderful week everybody! Larisa xox

12 comments:

  1. Larissa, as ever, amazing beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and so good to use up little pieces. You are clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank very much! I just love working with tiny pieces.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, Larisa - even with all that green! (I am sending you an email about my trip to Sydney.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dina! I know how much you dislike colour green so it makes it even more special to get a complement from you. I sent you a reply email! :-)

      Delete
  4. Larisa these are just lovely! This is a brilliant idea to use up scrap fabric (and I have tons at the moment,you've inspired me to make some as well! ) x Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, I am so glad that my work inspired you to create something new. It's amazing how one inspiration leads to another and it keeps going on and on. These needle books are so easy to make, they can even be sewn by hand and they are very addictive. Happy sewing!

      Delete
  5. Amazing details!!! These little needle books are beautiful and how perfect to have gifts all ready to give!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gina! I will tell you a secret, I have a box full of small things I make, I enjoy giving them to my little friends (and big friends as well) just for fun, without any reason. It makes a present even more special, just like the one you sent me. :-)

      Delete
  6. What a great idea! I love the little embellishments inside :-). Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon! They are so easy and fun to make, you can add any little cute details to it to make it pretty.

      Delete