Saturday 21 November 2015

Hand Embroidered Baby Onesie

It was a lovely calm and quiet afternoon, the baby was playing next to me and babbling away while I made this - a teddy bear embroidery with an appliquéd red balloon. I borrowed the much loved bunny from my So Little Boy for the photo session but did not notice that the ears were quite wet, they were munched on a bit. Hehe...


A couple of months ago I sketched this teddy bear planning to sew a baby bib, but I think this onesie is a better place for this little chap. This time around I used a new (to me) method of transferring the design on to the fabric. I found a Pattern Sheet for Embroidery made in Japan. It's a sticky piece of paper that is quite transparent. You simply trace your design, peel off the backing paper and stick the film on to the fabric. It really is easy. Then you just soak your finished piece in water and wash off the sticky film. It's a great product but it has a downside - the sticky residue gets stuck on a needle and it becomes a bit tricky to push the needle through fabric. I have to test it though on some quilting cotton to see how it goes. Otherwise I really like it.


The embroidery did not take long to finish because it's just a simple backstitch in one colour and a few lines. I attached a small piece of cotton cord to the teddy's arm and then attached a balloon to it. As you can see the end of the cord is left free and can be pulled gently.


I love this idea of personalising a plain item of clothing, a few small details make it unique and special, one of a kind really. It would make a lovely gift for a new baby. If you like this little chap, come back soon, I am going to publish the pattern. Happy stitching! Larisa xox

9 comments:

  1. What a cute teddy - I just love his expression! As you say, he makes a plain onesie just that bit special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dina! My Little One was wearing this onesie yesterday and it looked so cute. Such a simple design, but puts a smile on my face every time I see it. Than you for visiting, Dina! :-)

      Delete
  2. Great job Larisa..! I wish to have one for my child. This is really very cute Baby Onesie...Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your articles that you have shared with us. Hopefully you can give the article a good benefit to us. Baby Jumpsuits

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Larisa, this is amazing teddy bear embroidery with an applique and red balloon... Its is creative and beautiful. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby Bodysuits are the ultimate baby wardrobe staple, ensuring comfort, convenience, and cuteness for both babies and their busy parents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog post on the hand-embroidered baby onesie is absolutely charming! The meticulous detailing and personal touch you bring to your creations are truly commendable.
    does 711 take cash app

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation, and for those eager to enhance their crafting experience with some savings, csl plasma coupon might just be the perfect addition to their toolkit.

    ReplyDelete