Sunday 15 May 2016

Little Bunny's New Cot

This very special little Bunny came to live with us not that long ago. You see, the Christmas before last, while I was still pregnant, our not so little son decided that he wanted to get a special gift for his unborn baby brother. So he did. With his own money. We thought it was rather sweet. This little Bunny waited patiently for our very little baby boy to be born, and when he did, the Bunny came to the hospital and then back home with us. Since that time he's lived in our baby's cot.


Our Mousey Mouse is growing up and he loves his soft toys, and of course this special gift from his big brother. I really wanted to get this Maileg mini Bunny a cot of his own. I had a feeling that our Mousey Mouse would enjoy putting his Bunny to sleep. So I started looking, in toy shops and online stores, but the only suitable cot I found was from the official Maileg store, but there was a slight problem. I was not prepared to pay more than thirty dollars just for a little bed and also as much for the shipment. So I kept looking and looking...


...until one day me and our not so little boy spotted this mini "display shelf" in a two-dollar store. "Does it look like a baby cot to you?" - I asked him. "It does, Mum." - he said. Well, we bought it. For just two dollars eighty. Yes, you read that right, it's a very cheap baby cot.


I felt like a little girl again sewing the miniature bedding for the cot. Fussing with bits and pieces of fabric and tiny stitches. I am sure that this bedding is done in a much better way and the stitches are not on the outside as I used to sew when I was little. I used a blanket stitch all the time, the first one my Mum taught me to do. At that time I thought that my sewing skills were excellent. He he... Anyway, I enjoyed working on this tiny project very much, it was a lovely play really.


And you know what the best part is? Our little Mousey Mouse LOVES his Bunny's new cot! He knows exactly what to do. The very first time I gave him the cot, he rocked his little friend, and kissed him goodnight, and put him to sleep... right on the bare bottom of the cot. He removed all the bedding first, then he pushed the mattress on top of the Bunny with all his might, put the pillow on top, as well as also squashing the tiny quilt there, and patted it all nicely. I wish I had my camera ready at that moment. I am not sure if the Bunny was quite comfortable, but the little one was very proud of himself and was very happy. He smiled and clapped for doing such a great job. What a sweetie!


You can see that I not only enjoyed making the bedding, I also had a lot of fun setting it all up for the photo shoot. I feel like building a whole house now for this little fellow. He looks so cute with his new cot!


Oh well, the nap time is almost over and I have to say it's been a productive time for today. I might have a few more minutes to do some hand sewing - to finish a little gift for a special little boy.


Wishing you all a lovely and sunny day no matter in what part of the world you live! Thank you for stopping by! Larisa xox

4 comments:

  1. Bunny looks thrilled with his lovely cot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure who was more thrilled me or the Bunny. I had a great time making the cot, but even more I enjoyed playing with the two Bunnies. Thank you, Dina! It's always lovely to see you here. :-)

      Delete
  2. This is so cute Larisa. Sofia would love it.
    Bea. Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bea! It's so easy to make and perfect for using little scraps. Our little one seems to enjoy putting his mini bunny to sleep. xox :-)

      Delete