Sunday 26 February 2023

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

As the Winter Mystery Project Sew Along comes to an end, I cannot help but feel grateful for the joy and excitement it brought to me over the last three weeks. From the very start, my dear friend and co-host Irina and I wanted to share some happiness and mystery with all of you. We wanted to create a special experience that would leave you feeling intrigued and uplifted, would help you learn new skills in an easy way, and hopefully would help you make new friends along the way and so the idea of the Mystery Project Sew Along was born. This Sew Along was planned for the autumn of the last year, and even though the prototype of the basket was made, we had to postpone it till winter due to many personal reasons and the challenges of this design as we were not convinced it was suitable for the beginner sewists.

Last year, I took the longest break from sewing and social media in years to spend some much-needed quality time with my family. While it was wonderful to reconnect with my loved ones, I must admit that returning to sewing and posting afterwards was hard. I was filled with self-doubt and was sure I lost the creative spark. On top of that it was the middle of the summer here in Australia and the end of the school holidays that made it even more challenging to be fully dedicated to this event.

Irina and I were in constant communication for this project, jumping on video calls, sending each other emails and messages, and exchanging sketches of every little detail. We had some failed ideas and moment where we felt stuck and completely blank, to the point where we even doubted whether we were ready to move forward with this event at all. It was a rollercoaster journey, but we found a way to make it happen and support and encourage each other. It is amazing to see what can be done when you don't give up and especially when you have someone by your side who believes in you and supports you every step of the way.

Irina is amazing, and I cannot thank her enough for her incredible dedication, passion, and commitment to this project and the Sip Tea and EPP party. Her talent, creativity, and superb organisation skills always blow me away. I feel very grateful to work with her. Without Irina, this event would never have come to life. Thank you, dear Irina, for being YOU, for your support and for making this project come true.

As we brainstormed ideas, we knew we wanted to create something special and useful for all of you who decided to sew along with us, and it's been an absolute joy to watch this project come to life. The #wintermysteryproject hashtag on Instagram has now almost 800 posts! Yay! And we can see more and more people wanting to sew the basket. We understand that the mystery element is not for everyone and some people had to wait for the big reveal. 😊 

This truly feels like a miracle! Your trust in us to deliver on our promise, your willingness to sew alongside us, and your kind words and feedback throughout the Sew Along have made this experience amazing. I cannot thank you all enough for the creativity and passion that you brought to this project. Your enthusiasm ignited my love for sewing once again and inspired me, and I am so grateful to you for that!

Organising and delivering this event was a huge task that required a lot of time, energy and effort. Living in different parts of the world (Irina lives in Finland and I live in Australia) did not help at all, but we had to make sure that the instructions we were giving were presented in an easy and understandable way. We had to take lots of videos to show you our ways of doing things so you could pick the techniques that worked for you. We re-read and corrected the instructions many times, sometimes even the last minute before posting them just to be sure that there won't be any confusion and everyone could sew with us. My family had to put up with me constantly calling out "Quiet! I am filming!" and seeing my phone in my hand day after day. There were moments of stress and uncertainty, but we pulled through, and the end result is truly amazing.

Looking back on this experience, I am filled with gratitude for the community we have built. The anticipation and excitement leading up to the big reveal, the shared joy of learning and the sense of closeness and support have truly been a highlight of this event. I am humbled to have been a part of this experience. Thank you for being a part of this journey with us! Your trust, belief, and support have meant the world to us. We feel incredibly lucky to be a part of this beautiful and inspiring community.

Thank you for reminding us that even in the midst of our busy lives, there is always time for the things that bring us joy. Together, we can create something truly beautiful and magical!

Please go over to Irina's blog to read her reflections on this experience.

With love, Larisa  and Irina xo

14 comments:

  1. This has been... without a doubt the most wonderful SAL I have ever participated in. As a rule I don't join SAL's because they tend to be lengthy.... expensive or hard to achieve but this one was AH-AMAZING. Thank you ladies for a beautiful experience 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both! It was an amazing SAL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This a an amazing SAL and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. For me, the mystery made it more interesting and I could not wait for the next day’s instructions to proceed. Thank you, Irina and Larisa again for an incredibly successful SAL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge, skills and creativity. I’ve enjoyed seeing all the wonderful baskets being made under your guidance. I haven’t been able to sew along this time, but I enjoyed the SAL so much. Thank you 😊 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The SAL was really fun even though I could only start with it by the end of week 2 due to work reasons. But I felt you did very well by choosing to not have a big time investment per day. This way we all could catch up when behind and those who had enough time were maybe able to make several baskets with this SAL. Thanks again for all the effort you both put into this so we all could enjoy some special sewing time. And a special thanks to your families for bearing with you and even helping in practical ways like filming. Hopefully another SAL will come some day with the two of you leading it❣️❣️❣️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Larisa;. You also reignited my passion for hand and machine sewing. I had really gotten into crochet for the last several years because it was something I could pull together quickly after work and still be in the same room with my husband. I also wanted to get back to sewing again now that I am retired but was having problems with the journey. Thank you for your dedication in seeing this through to the end. Please consider doing this again ❤️. Jackie Strand. Please see my post at Irina's site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to thank you for such a beautifully done sew a long. I often want to participate in sew a longs but often wait then decide I don’t really ‘need’ it. I watched your first few episodes and decided I love how yours is coming together so decided to just do it! And I love my little bag. I do appreciate how much work goes into these projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has been such a fun and rewarding project during what has become a long dull winter, I can’t thank you enough for all the time you put into these projects and you always come up with beautiful projects, I enjoyed filling the hashtag and seeing all the beautiful baskets and tried to leave comment on all post because sometimes a “great job” can lift a persons spirits, great job Ladies, I look forward to more mystery projects, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun SAL! And I LOVE the mystery part of it. Thank you so much for all the background work that went into this…I can only imagine! I can’t wait to see what other creative things you two come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful SAL and it's given me a real boost so thank you! You've created such a lovely community on Instagram which is much needed these days. Lovely to connect with sewing buddies new and old.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You’ve both done a wonderful job with this project Larisa and I’m hoping to make one very soon. Thank you for the project and all your hard work x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was so inspired to do this SAL and feel it has been the most well designed and unique and enjoyable project. I had a first grandchild born the weekend before it began so I have only made it as far as the strips portion, but it brought so much happiness to follow along and see it grow and guess what it was! I am in California and have a sister in Louisiana - she made it in real time and shared her photos each day to help me feel part of the SAL. I appreciate all you have shared and deeply admire and celebrate your overwhelming creativity. Seeing you and Irina work together is nothing short of inspiring!! Thank you for bringing your joy and passion to all of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute project! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too really enjoyed the SAL -my first ever. It was so well-planned and executed with new little techniques and the end product was awesome. It has certainly ignited my passion for hand stitching again and I can’t wait for the evenings to sit down with a needle. Both you and Irina have impeccable taste combining such a variety of ideas and beauty. Congrats. And please do it again and again (sorry to your family!!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete