From the cut out part of the bib I made a small coaster for a cup or maybe a baby bottle. It's a great way to have an almost waste free production which I quite enjoy.
For the front of the bib and the coaster I used medium weight pure linen, and for the back light weight Japanese linen with colourful dots. There are three additional layers of cotton (used instead of wadding or towel fabric) in solid colours - green, blue and pink between the layers of linen that give a nice finishing touch to the frayed edges.
The ties are made in a very simple way, two ribbons attached with the running stitches and reinforced with small buttons.
It was a very easy project. I am sure it's not my last bib made in this basic way. The only thing though, next time I would use a lighter weight linen for the front or stitch a bit further away from the edge. The medium weight fabric was a bit too tricky to fray. I pulled too many threads out in some places. So the lesson learnt for the next time. Larisa xox