Monday 3 November 2014

Work in Progress: And a Few New Prints

Today I don't have much to write and show but rather I have a lot to work on. Quite a few unfinished but more than half way through projects. I got a bit carried away with jumping between them all and all the other things that needed to be done. Hopefully I can finish them all soon and tick them off my To-Do list, and move on to the next ones.

A new embroidery based on yet another recent sketch. I think it's rather sweet and I hope the final idea turns out well. Looking at this photo inspired a new idea that is going on my list... I just love that this magic To-Do list is never ending.


Remember the economy blocks that were made with Belle & Boo fabric? Finally I found the print that I am really happy with to use with them. It's Posy by Aneela Hoye. It's very subtle and doesn't overpower the blocks at all. Can't wait to show you the finished quilt. It's almost ready, only binding is left to do.


Two more new prints that I bought on my trip to the newly discovered store in a search for the fabric for the quilt. The top one is from Persimmon collection by BasicGrey and the one under it is Pin Dots for A Day in the Country. These two prints are going to be used for the new cross-stitch pattern project.


Hope you are having a lovely week! Larisa xox

6 comments:

  1. You have lots on the go!! Do I spy a hedgehog under there? Yay for almost finishing up a quilt and I bet your next embroidery with the birds and dots will be fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do and too much in my journal as well. I think you might be right about the hedgehog, Gina! :-)

      Delete
  2. That's a tantalising glimpse of both projects:-) Look forward to seeing the end results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Catherine! I am a bit too slow nowadays but there is nothing wrong with being slow I suppose. :-)

      Delete
  3. Scrumptious new folded fabric, it makes me drool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the look and feel of new fabrics. I can simply sit and just look at new additions in my stash and sometimes moments like that inspire new projects. :-)

      Delete