Thursday 21 March 2013

Work in Progress

This sketch was made a while ago. It was supposed to be an illustration of a cuckoo bird for a poem written by my Mum back in 2003. It's one of the things on my "To Do" list to put together a book of Mum's poems and make illustrations for them. But it's a different story. Since I got interested in stitching, I also wanted somehow to use this sketch in one of my projects.


The bird is too big for a cover of a notebook but for a fabric envelope or maybe a heat pack should be just right. The process of stitching does not take long but the process of choosing the right fabric always takes me a bit of time because I cannot decide what fabric from my constantly growing stash to use first. Finally, last week, I had made my choice, so let's see how it turns out after all the work is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment