Saturday 7 February 2015

Happy Surprise. Indeed :-)

A postman brought a large package for me yesterday. When I went to get it, I kept thinking that I didn't buy anything recently and that none of my friends sent me anything as far as I knew. I was wrong. The package was large and yellow, and it had sticky tape around it with toadstools and cakes, and berries. So sweet! I looked at the name of the sender and a huge smile spread across my face. It came all the way from US from Gina, who I never met in person but we have been following each others blogs for a while now. Gina makes cute, pretty things and she is so GREAT at quilting. You can visit her blog Party Of Eight: Our Story or have a look at her Flickr page. I am sure you will find plenty of prettiness and things to be inspired by there.


When I opened the package, my smile grew even bigger and I became very excited because I found something irresistibly cute inside. A zipper pouch with a little hedgehog on it. Just look at it! It's a combination of applique and hand embroidery. So sweet!!! I love hedgehogs!


The inside of the pouch is full of little sleeping hedgehogs and red love hearts.


I just love how this Little Miss Spikes is sitting on a toadstool and gazing at the golden star. So adorable!


Gina also sent me a pack of paper hexagons for English paper piecing. That will keep me busy for sure. And that's not all. She put a pack of fabric scraps as well. Very generous pieces of pretty, delicious fabrics. Just look at this! Woo-hoo! So much to get creative.


Gina, thank you so much!!! Your parcel was indeed a very happy surprise. You even remembered that I liked that flowery fabric in one of your needle books. So sweet and kind of you to spoil me like that. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Larisa xox

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely surprise for you, Larisa, and so kind of Gina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I am still beaming with happiness. :-)

      Delete
  2. What a truly lovely and thoughtful surprise for you. Creative people seem to be very special indeed, have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, Carole. Creative people are very special, kind and generous.

      Delete
  3. I love having fabric friends to share and swap with!! Your work is always so inspiring; I can't wait to see what kind of fun hexie project you come up with!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina, thank you SO MUCH again! :-) I think it's a great idea to share fabric scraps. I have heard of "fabric bombs" but haven't participated in any so far. I am still just looking at all the small cuts you sent me and admiring them. I keep putting them inside the pouch and getting then out again. Funny. :-)

      Delete