Today, Irina @nordiccrafter and I, continue our Sip Tea and EPP Christmas sew along and we would like to share some recipes with you. These recipes don't take long to bake and they make perfect Christmas gifts. You can bake and decorate them all by yourself or you can plan a baking day with your Little Ones. Let them decorate the gingerbread mini houses. Add some small sweets, chocolates and I promise your kids will want to do it over and over again.
1 1/2 - 2 cups flour, sifted
2/3 cups sugar
1/4 cup water
2 table spoons honey
1/2 tea spoon baking soda
1 table spoon lemon juice
3-4 table spoons sifted icing sugar
small ziplock bag
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Heat butter, water, sugar, soda and honey in a small pot over low heat stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Remover from heat and cool slightly.
3. Sift flour and cinnamon into large bowl.
4. Add wet ingredients to the flour mix and knead dough gently until it comes together.
5. Using rolling pin, roll dough out to 5mm thickness. Cut dough into small houses, place on the prepared oven trays.
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly brown. Cool.
7. Make icing. Put icing sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl and mix well with a spoon. Spoon icing into a small ziplock bag. Cut off one corner (just the very tip).
8. Decorate your mini houses with icing. Enjoy!
Note: the dough might feel a bit crumbly, but please don't panic. Simply roll it out and push it together with the rolling pin or your hands. When you cut it with a knife or with a cookie cutter, it will keep its shape.
Please go to Irina's @nordiccrafter Instagram page to check out her recipe!
You might want to check out another easy recipe ROCK CAKES that would be perfect for gifting as well. They are quick to make and they are yummy.
Happy baking! Larisa xo