Thursday 18 July 2013

Fabric Stash Belle & Boo

I wish I could start this post with "today in my studio..." but at the moment I do not have a studio or a dedicated space for my stitching. My sewing machine is sitting on the dining table in our living room. The growing fabric stash is neatly stacked on one of the shelves of the book case and slowly crawling on the floor near by, and for small bits and pieces like snaps, buttons, threads, bobbins I have a large box that I keep in our sun room. A sewing and drawing studio is my DREAM that I am sure is going to COME TRUE one day. One day, but that day is not here just yet.


So for now I am going to keep creating in the warmth and coziness of our home, mostly in the living room or not far from the kitchen. :-) The lack of dedicated working space does not stop me from making things and building up my fabric stash. I know I already have more fabric than I need for my planned projects, but nothing can stop me, especially when one of the shops is conveniently located and the choice is quite good.


So good that I was lucky enough to find this fabrics by Belle & Boo in Spotlight the other day. The prints above are: Woodland Walk, Pirate Games, Tea Party and Ava and Friends. The drawings are amazingly sweet. I thought it would be hard to think of something to make using this materials because the prints are quite large and I do not really make things for little kids, but to my surprise the hardest part was cutting this fabric. I felt so sorry. I am going to buy some more, if I am lucky, and just keep it, because I like it so much. Do you have your absolute favourite fabric that you can't part with? Come back soon to see what I am making using these pretties.

No comments:

Post a Comment