Monday 19 August 2013

Quilted Pillowcase

Fedor the Bunny officially has got a new home - a pillow. My first ever quilted pillow cover made from scratch.



As it happened many times before, this project came to life because of a sketch, a sketch that was not meant for anything in particular. I love this process so much - first a picture appears on paper, then it makes its way onto fabric as an embroidery and applique, and later on it travels all the way to a new world of pillows, envelopes, bookmarks or some other little cute things.


For the back, I used the pale pink cotton with strawberries  to match the front of the pillow and I made an envelope closure. Simple and easy.


I love the combination of tiny strawberries and grass green stripes. This pillow has a very fresh and "springly" feel to it. Of course I had to add my all the time favourite running stitch. A little bit of sunshine,  a few flowers and a tiny green bird - a friend for Fedor.

No comments:

Post a Comment