Thursday 2 June 2016

Small Finishes

Do you like DIY fabric covered buttons? I do. There are so many great uses for them. Lately I have made some fridge magnets, needle minders and hair bobby pins. So quick and easy, and very useful too. I made cards to hold the hair pins using some pretty scrapbooking paper and pieces of ribbon.


A couple of baby bibs for a special little boy were ticked off my list too. I used some felt instead of fabric for an applique - an acorn on this bib. These extra details are always fun to make and add that special, personalised finishing touch to things.


This is my latest stash addition. The most beautiful "Woodland Clearing" line by Liesl Gibson. Every print is like a delicate watercolour painting. So soft and elegant! I just could not pass by this beauty.


A very simple zippered pouch that I first made with this fabric. The lining is made with the same aqua print as the little ring loop.


You can always find a use for a small string bag. Right? This one was made late at night, I just had to sew with "Woodland Clearing" fabric something quick and practical. The bag is lined with the same print as the cord casing. I really like these cute little balls on the ends of the cords. They are simple and fun to make. You can find a step-by-step tutorial here. You can see one of the needle minders I made in the right bottom corner of the photo below. These small magnetic cuties are very useful when you do some embroidery and need to stop for a little while.


This is pretty much all I managed to make so far. Not much, but still better than nothing. :-) Wishing you a great day! Larisa xox

4 comments:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself, Larisa. You have completed several items - all lovely and all useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dina, so much for your support and encouragement! I am truly grateful for whatever few spare minutes I get for sewing and for any number of things I manage to finish. I just find it very hard to cope with all the ideas floating in my head and the lack of time combined together. :-)

      Delete
  2. You are so prolific Larisa! I don’t know how you managed to do all of this…:) My sewing life is stale now...So not much for me is a looot! And I absolutely love the hair pins! Can I be cheeky and ask for a tutorial on this ;)? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ann! There are some days when I don't have time for anything at all apart from feeding, cooking, cleaning the food off the kitchen floor and washing clothes and hands over and over again. And of course chasing the Little One around. :-) Thanks to longer nap times that I can sit and sew for a bit. I would love to write a tutorial for the hair pins. Thank you for asking. :-) I just need some time to take photos and put it all together if you don't mind waiting. xox

      Delete