Saturday 14 June 2014

Humpty Dumpty...

...sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. Sounds familiar? A while ago I bought a single fat quarter of this pretty fabric with nursery rhyme characters. I just liked the subtle colours and simple drawings on it. I wish I bought more... oh, not again.


I was not sure if there would be anything for me to make using this print. I bought it only because I liked it and now, seeing it in the finished product, makes me like it even more. Once again, Amy's bib pattern came in very handy for this little and very useful baby accessory.


Three different prints combined together, a touch of lace and one tiny yo-yo on the side of the bib. Just a little bit extra prettiness for a little girl.


Quick and easy sewing but there is something so satisfying about making these bibs. Probably it's the freedom of interpretation, the creativity that is so appealing about it. Embroidery, patchwork, lace, cotton, ribbons, buttons, flowers, frills... anything goes really.


I am afraid it's not the last bib I've made, it might turn into a new obsession of mine but it does not really matter as long as it's fun, fun, fun. Happy sewing everybody! Larisa xo

4 comments:

  1. the recipient of all of your darling bibs is sure lucky!!! this is another one fit for a boutique! i have been there... wishing i had more of a fabric that i had bought not knowing what i would make with it. Sometimes you just never know which fabric you will love the most! Happy sewing to you Larisa!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gina, for your lovely words! I just love seeing the transformation of a cut piece of fabric into a new and complete item, it almost seems like the fabric gets an extra dimension that way, a new life. Not sure if that makes any sense though. :-) Happy sewing to you too!

      Delete
  2. So adorable,Love the Humpty Dumpty,Beautiful !
    I would love to buy the fabric,Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sonja! I bought this fabric at Hobbysew store in Australia. I did a search on the internet and it seems like the fabric is available at some online stores. Here are the details of this print:

      Collection: Nursery Rhymes
      Manufacturer: Camelot Fabrics
      SKU: 1101083-2
      Width: 44 inches
      Material: 100% Cotton

      Hope it helps. :-)

      Delete